Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Friday

The week went by really fast for me it seems. As I get older the weeks seem to go by faster and faster. Friday's are always a busy day for me. My husband gets off work at 10:0 AM on Friday's. My grandchildren seem to be more restless on Friday's. I try to go to Walmart on Friday after dinner. My son's girl friend Linda normally goes with me and we have started calling Friday's 'Walmart Friday'. lol She didn't get to go with me tonight, her and Eric went out with a friend. It was just me all by myself. I had a good time and I even stopped off and got my hair cut! I had a lot cut off and I really like it. I'll try to post a pic of it tomorrow.

I had put a turkey in the fridge to thaw Wednesday so we could have Thanksgiving in July next week. My son Matt had to go out into the garage where the spare fridge is and my fridge wasn't working. I went down into the garage and my turkey had thawed! I was so upset, I didn't spend a lot of money on the turkey. I was more upset because I have to throw it out. I hate throwing food away. We are not sure what happened to the fridge, but my husband (who's name is Keith) went and looked at it and it was working. It is a really old fridge we had it in our old house. I'll be going grocery shopping tomorrow (Saturday) and will price the turkey's and if I find a good price I'll get another, and have our Thanksgiving in August. :)

3 comments:

Mrs Swan said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!!! I will add you to my google reader so I know when to visit (it lets me know if any blogs have been updated) As Heather told me a long time ago (when I started) that if it stops being fun then don't do it anymore.

Anonymous said...

Crystal just told me you started a blog! It'll be nice to keep in touch with you again. I've missed the KFers terribly, I just couldn't keep up over there any more.

Julieann said...

Oooohh---I can't wait to see your new haircut. OUCH on the Turkey--I can so relate to that one---it wasn't a broken fridge though, it was more like a teenager forgetting to close the freezer--OOPS:) Happy Weekend!!

Julieann