Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Ramblings


The CVS in my area has moved. They built a bigger one across the street from the old one. Today was their grand opening, so I went to check it out. It is a really big store with a few sections that the old store didn't have. This new store has a small dollar section that is a lot better then the old one was. I found a few things in there that I normally get at the Dollar Tree, so that will be nice because the CVS is closer to my house then the Dollar Tree. I was mad at myself when I got home because I had a coupon for $1.00 off Irish Spring soap and I forgot to use it in CVS. My daughter Tina gave me a $2.00 off $10.00 or more so I was able to use that, I had used up all my Extra Care coupons last week so I didn't have any of them to use today and when I got my receipt today there wasn't anything on there that I use.

Dinner tonight will be tomato sandwiches, everyone has been snacking on and off all day it seems and no one is hungry for a big meal. I love tomato sandwiches with just a little bit of mayo, salt and pepper. For years I wouldn't touch a tomato, I picked them out of they were in anything I was eating. My taste changed one summer about 15 years ago and I've loved tomatoes every since. It is kind of funny to me how our taste can change over the years. Before I had children I hated cabbage. After my oldest daughter Tina was born my Mama was making cabbage and corned beef one day and I took a taste of it and loved it. Before I had my two son's I loved sweet iced tea, after my oldest son Eric was born I found I didn't have the taste for tea anymore. Is there anything you have lost the taste for or gained the taste for?

I haven't forgotten to take a pic of me with my new hair cut, I just haven't had the time to take it and load it to my computer. I'll try to get that done this week.

No comments: