Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday's Rambling And Dinner Talk


My son Matt has been off from his job for a week because the company he is working for didn't have any jobs on the books, yesterday he got a call that they finally have some work, so he went to work today. He is working as an Electrical Apprentice. Matt just graduated from high school and while he was in school he took a 2 year course in Electricity at the tech center that was located at his school. After he graduated he applied for the Electrical Union's Apprentice Program and he was excepted. I am so proud of my son. The union found him the job he is working at now. Starting in August he will work 4 days and have 1 day of class on Friday's. The company he is working for now has been sending him and the man he is working with to Virginia Beach to work. Matt drives to Petersburg, VA in the mornings and then gets a ride with the man he is working with. He doesn't know how long he will be working with this company. The union will find him another job if this one ends.

I am making Julie's stuffed pork chops (all it is is stove top stuffing on top of the pork chops while they are baking, super easy and so good), mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans for dinner tonight. I might make some chocolate chip cookies today if I get time. We cleaned the pool out yesterday evening, it is supposed to be really hot here today so I'm sure we will be spending some time in the pool today. I have laundry to do today and of course the normal everyday chores to do today.
Have a wonderful day today. :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

I hope you get to spend a lot of time in the pool!! :o) I'm lucky,the boys want to go see Springsteen again,so Im not cooking,Steve is bringing :o) :o)