Chick-Fil-A Chicken Sandwich
Peanut oil for frying---It has to be peanut oil
1 cup Milk
1 cup Flour
2 1/2 t. Powdered sugar
1/2 t. Pepper
2 T. Salt***
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into pieces***
Plain hamburger buns
2 T. Melted butter
Dill pickle slices
1. Mix together the egg and milk. Place the filets in this mixture, and let sit for at least an hour.
2. While the breasts are sitting, mix together the Flour, Sugar, Pepper, and Salt.
3. Once the sitting is done, dredge in the flour. After the first dredging, we would put them back in the milk bath for a few seconds, and re-dredge.
4. Place the Peanut oil in a skillet or deep fat fryer, and bring to 375 F(if using a fryer) Gently drop into the oil, and let cook until golden brown. Flipping every few minutes, so that it doesn't burn.
5. Melt your butter in a small pan, and dip each bun (both pieces) to slightly coat. When ready to serve place pickles on the warm buns, and add chicken. ENJOY!!!
***We think this is to much salt...so I try to play around with it. I think the last time I made them I used 1 1/2 Tablespoons, and that seemed pretty good, you'll just want to play around with it.***
Also, you can make the flour mixture ahead, and then freeze it. That way the next time you make it, you have it ready.
**I cut the chicken more into strips, and lay about 3 strips per sandwich. We have found the chicken seems to cook up more tender this way. Also, these dip better, and you can avoid a bun.
*******Note: Chick-Fil-A actually uses a Pressure Cooker to cook the Filets in. If you have one, use the peanut oil according to the instructions for frying in it. Desired heat is 400 F. Once steam starts shooting through, cook for about 4 Minutes.**
Recipe was given to me by: Jen from the KF Board
Today has been a dark yucky rainy day here. I guess I will go to Walmart later.
I'm watching Carter, Wesley and Mallory tomorrow evening and they will spend the night. Carter and Wesley will spend Sunday night with their Dad and Mallory will stay with me Sunday night. Tina and her boyfriend are going to Martinsville, VA to the NASCAR race. Tina said she will be dropping the kids off at my house Saturday around 5:00pm.
We also stopped off at the Sam's Club office where they are letting you sign up for membership at the Sam's Club that is opening up in the new mall. The membership was $40.00 and they gave me a $10.00 gift card to Sam's for getting a new membership. They lady said it is good at Sam's, Sam's gas and Walmart. After we left there Keith wanted some loose tea and he didn't like the kind Ukrop's sells so we stopped in Kroger that is right beside the new mall and he got his tea. Then we came home. It was a nice evening.