Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Dinner

Dinner tonight will be a dish I haven't made in a long time. Frankly I had forgotten about it until last week when someone that I had given the recipe to lost it and needed it again. It's called Pork Chop Creole. I got it out of my Mama's recipe file years ago. She had gotten out of a magazine that had four different recipes on the page that were made with Cambell's soup. Here is the recipe and a few pictures I took while I was preparing it. I cant find the Tomato and Rice soup in the stores here anymore so I made my own by buying a large can of tomato soup and adding cooked rice to it. I was kind of upset with Keith when I went to mix the soup up because I had saved a container of leftover rice that we had from Saturday's dinner and he took it to work. So our dinner isn't no where near ready to eat because I had to take the time to make rice. *insert eye roll*
I'm making boiled potatoes and green beans to go with the pork chops. I have included a picture of my new microwave rice cooker. I used it for the first time today and it's pretty neat. I have an electric one that I love but I think this new one will be great when I only need to cook a small amount of rice.

Pork Chop Creole
In a skillet, brown pork chops, pour off drippings. Sprinkle chops with pepper, place a slice of onion and a slice of green pepper on each pork chop. Pour 1 can Tomato Rice Soup, 1/2 cup water over pork chops. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon Thyme. Cover, cook about 45 minutes over low heat. Stir now and then while it is simmering.






6 comments:

Tater said...

At least he took his lunch? :) That recipe sounds good. I might try it out on Honey one day.

Dana said...

yummy, that looks so good. I cant believe you bought that rice cooker for 5 bucks. what a great deal

Dana said...

Did your daughter bring you a souvenir from the races?

Dana said...

I bet all weekend all you heard was "grandmaw, grandmaw, grandmaw"

Celticspirit said...

That looks yummy. How much rice do you add?

Dana said...

I think Im going t omake this on saturday. I never really know what to do with pork chops other than fry them in oil