Friday, September 26, 2008

Friday And A Recipe

It's another cool, windy rainy day here in VA. Last night we had some thunderstorms roll through. They started around 12:00AM and continued through out the night. I don't have any big plans for today. I have a few chores to do around the house and I think we will probably do take out for dinner, but I've also been thinking about my Mama's Chicken and Dumpling's so I might just have to break tradition and cook today. Since it is such a cool rainy day chicken and dumplings would taste mighty good tonight. It has taken me a long time to get my Mama's chicken and dumplings to taste like hers, but the last few times I made it I got it prefect! Here is her recipe:

Shirla's Mama's Chicken And Dumplings
Boneless chicken breast
(can use bone in, but boneless is easier, no picking out the bones)
Boil chicken until tender.
In a dutch oven add, 1 can cream of celery soup, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and celery flakes. Stir well and cook over low heat while chicken is boiling.
Once the chicken is done remove and cut into big chunks, place chicken into dutch oven along with the chicken stock. Stir well and let simmer over low heat.
To make the dumplings; Mix Bisquick with milk. Drop by spoon fulls into chicken mixture. Uncovered slowly boil about 10 minutes. Cover and slowly boil until dumplings are done.
***My Mama didn't say the measurements for anything, she just dumped everything into the pot.

1 comment:

Dana said...

yummy, I love chicken and dumplings:) Actually I love food:)