Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Ramblings

WOW it's been a loonngg day for me! The day didn't start off very well. I forgot to hook the house phone up last night after I had unplugged it and hooked up the Directv so my son Eric could order a wrestling PPV. For some reason I forgot to unhook it and hook the phone back in. My grandson Wesley spent the night with his dad last night and he was to bring Wesley to me on his way to work this morning. He always drops him off really early and at different times so I never know what time to set my alarm so it works out good for him to call me before he comes over with Wesley. Well, since I forgot to plug the phone back up I never got his calls. I also forgot to set my alarm in case he didn't call me in time to wake Eric up. I got woke up at 8:00 by Emma running, jumping on me and she was barking. I jumped up looked at the clock and checked Eric's room, he was still sound asleep. I woke him and then called Tina to see why JJ (Wesley's dad) hadn't called to drop Wesley off. She said well Mama he called and it went to voice mail and he came over and banged on your front door for 20 minutes, you never came to the door so he left, his ride left and now he's probably going to get fired because he is on probation and cant miss any days. I'm in tears at this point thinking I've gotten him fired! I told Tina that I would take him to work but my truck is leaking something and Keith told me not to drive it far. JJ was working 45 minutes away. Tina couldn't come over and take him because she was sick two days last week and couldn't miss any time because she was so backed up on her work. I then remembered Eric's car was here, but I wasn't sure if it would start. Tina told me that I would have to let the car warm up for 15 minutes because it was so cold outside. The car started on the first try and I let it run while I ran back into the house to get dressed, then I drove over and picked JJ and Wesley up and took JJ to work. He was late, but he made it and didn't get fired!

My whole day has been so out of whack because of having to go out this morning. I didn't get my normally morning chores done and the whole day has just been "off". I did get most of the towels washed, dried and put away, I have one load in the dryer and one in the washer to go.

I was going to make BBQ chicken legs for dinner, but when I went to get the BBQ sauce out of the pantry there was a bottle of salsa sitting next to it and I remember I had seen a recipe for Salsa Chicken on the KF board. So I ran to my computer and googled salsa chicken and I had everything to make it so that is what I made. It was super easy and my family and I loved it! Here is how I made it (I didn't follow the recipe I found I just dumped stuff in).
I used chicken legs but you can use any chicken part, next time I make it I'm making it with boneless chicken breast. I laid my chicken legs into a 9x13 pan, then I sprinkled taco seasoning mix over top of the chicken, then I took the bottle of salsa and dumped it over the chicken, covered with foil and baked until done. After it was done I sprinkled shredded cheddar cheese over the chicken and salsa and put it back into the oven until the cheese melted. Some of the recipes I found said to top with sour cream, but I don't like sour cream so I didn't do that. I made a side dish (some kind of noodle thingie from a box mix) and corn.

4 comments:

Gail said...

{{{{{{{{{{{{Shirla}}}}}}}}}}Ah,hon,I'm sorry you had such a bad morning.

T said...

Ah Shirla, I am so sorry your day started off so bad. I know how it is when it starts out all out of wack, it is hard to get back on track.
{{hugs}}

I love the sound of the salsa Chicken thingy, I think I have all of those ingredients, if so, I am going to make that tomorrow. I really appreciate you posting your easy recipe's. :)

Dana said...

Im glad your day turned out for the good:) I slept in this morniog too but I didnt have a chain of events unfold like you did. The chicken sounds good. I try to IM you and it doesn't work:(

Dana said...

Im going to hopefully make your fall harvest cake, im writing down what I need and was wondering is it any particular apple, i still dont have a bundt pan but a 9x13 should do just fine