Sunday, August 3, 2008

Going To The Penzey Spice Store

My husband is taking me to Penzey penzeys today! I'm so excited to be going. I have read so many great things about their spices and everyone that I've talked to said once you used their spices you will not want to go back to the kind that is sold in the grocery store. On the top of my list of spices I want to get today is Fox Point penzeysfoxpoint Fox Point Seasoning Bursting with the rich flavor of freeze-dried shallots, chives and scallions, this is one of our top-selling blends. The rich flavor makes it perfect for poultry, eggs and vegetables. Use 1 tsp. per pound to season veal, baked chicken, steamed vegetables, fish and scrambled eggs. For a tasty vegetable or chip dip use 2 tsp. in 1 Cup fresh sour cream or yogurt. Hand-mixed from: salt, shallots, chives, garlic, onion and green peppercorns. This is a very popular blend, but because we do not use any anti-caking agents in this (or any other) blend, it tends to clump somewhat, especially during hot humid months. To keep it free-flowing, store in the refrigerator.

No comments: